I had a pretty rough weekend. It started on Friday when I had plans to leave work early so that I could spend some time with my mom who was passing through B'ham and spending the night with us. Well, I walked out the door at 5:30. We had a great dinner (including a much needed cocktail) with my mom and had a nice evening. Then on Saturday morning I had a work emergency come up and had to go up to the office. I'm not going to go into details, but the work drama put me in a funk, and I was upset that I missed the couple of hours that I was going to have with my mom on Saturday morning. Clay was so sweet and sent me to get a pedicure on Saturday afternoon so that I could relax. (Really folks, I don't know what I did to deserve him....) And to top all the Saturday drama off, I already knew that I was going to have to work on Sunday afternoon at an event that we had going on.
So, now to the "epiphany." I was getting out of the shower on Sunday morning and as my feet were hitting the rug, I thought, "I wish I had yesterday to do over." Epiphany time {drumroll please}....we don't get "do-over" days. When they are gone, they're gone!! So, I made the best of what time I did have at home with my wonderful husband before I had to go work. Now I'm not saying that I have put my preaching into action completely....but I'm hoping that I'll keep that "epiphany" in the back of my mind so that I won't have any regrets. I have too many great things in my life to let the little things get me down!
So folks, in summary, let's live each day to the fullest and remember all the great things we have in our lives. Now, go out and have a great Thursday!!! :)

Ahhh! I so need to put this into practice - especially the "forgetting" about it part. Once it is done it is done and today is all I have been given. Thanks for the great reminder!
ReplyDeleteDeep Thoughts by Emily Branch... I love it! And very true by the way! With my situation I have to remind myself constantly to live in the moment and accept what I've been given.
ReplyDeleteEm, that was very insightful! I need to remind myself of this too. Thanks for the reminder. Love you!
ReplyDelete