Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Designed to Sell!!!

I watch too much HGTV. One of my favorite shows is Designed to Sell. On the show, a designer comes in with $2000 and shows sellers little changes they make to help set their house apart and hopefully sale it quickly. I'm taking a note from the show and trying to make a few "adjustments" to the condo to help set it apart. There are a couple of ideas that I've found that I'm hoping to put into place over the next week or two.

The first idea I'm stealing from my friend Julie over at The Baggetts. We are going to frame our bathroom mirrors like she did to her guest bathroom. Click on the link and you'll see her finished product. We are going to both our guest and master baths. I think it's going to make a huge difference in the look and feel of the bathroom.

The second idea I saw on a blog called Grosgrain today. You can click on the link to see a picture, but basically she just took a vinyl roller shade and added some grosgrain ribbon as a detail. Such an economical and cute idea! The shade is only about $7 at Home Depot and they'll cut them down to the size you need. You can also find grosgrain ribbon for pretty cheap...so my guess would be about $10-$12 for this precious window dressing! I think I'm going to try this out in our guest bedroom/sewing room.

I'm hoping to get the mirrors framed this weekend, then turn my attention to the shade. I'll be sure to post some pictures of the final products!

On a side note, If you know anyone looking for a great condo in the Hoover area at a GREAT price...send them my way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment