Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dr's Appointment Tomorrow!!

Tomorrow we have our second doctor's appointment to check in on little fetus Branch. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow and the babe is about the size of a lime! I'm so excited for tomorrow's appointment because I'm pretty sure we are going to get to hear the heartbeat. We better get to hear the heartbeat! :) I'm just ready for some concrete evidence that there's something in my belly. I mean, I know there is something there with all the crazy stuff going on with my body, but I just want to hear the heartbeat or see something! Plus, I'm jealous of a certain couple who already has a picture! :)

Speaking of that certain couple, another of oldest and dearest friends is Julie Corman Baggett. I've known Julie since before I was old enough to remember. There is a picture of the two of us around age 5 or 6 in little red leotards getting ready to preform in "Oklahoma." We were friends all through high school and lost touch a little while we were in college, but reconnected when I moved to Birmingham to do my internship. When I moved back for good, we basically just picked up where we left off. Our husbands are big golfing buddies now and I even knew she was getting engaged before she did! (We did good Nick!) Anyway, I consider her as close to a sister as one can be. They came over to help us move into the new house (on her birthday....now that's a good friend!) and we told them that we were expecting. They were so shocked and I'll never forget the look on Julie's face when I told her my due date. Fast forward 2 weeks and they came over for Memorial Day to each lunch with us. We are sitting at the table eating lunch when Nick dropped the bomb that they too were expecting a little Baggett Baby! I wish there had been a video of my reaction...not only to that news, but to the news that we are DUE ON THE SAME DAY!!!! I mean, what are the chances?!?!? I am so excited to have someone to share this crazy journey and to talk to when there are crazy things going on with my body that husbands just don't understand. This is where my jealousy comes from....because they already have a picture! :) But seriously, I'm so excited to have our babies at the same time so they can grow up together and be best little friends!!

Hopefully I won't have anything too exciting to share tomorrow (other than that we heard the heartbeat and maybe have a picture). For some reason I have this fear that I'm having twins. And I really shouldn't call it a fear...I'd really be okay with it...but I swear twins pop up everywhere I go. Clay thinks it would be great to have a "built in playmate." No idea why....Clay has twins in his family, but they are a couple of generations back, and I have no twins in my family. I guess we'll know for sure tomorrow! :)

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I can not wait to hear how it goes! See you Saturday! Love you!

    ReplyDelete