Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Nursery Chronicles - Part I

Things are hopping along on the baby front. I'm a little over 22 weeks along and things are still going really well. Other than some heartburn, I'm feeling great! Tums are a staple in my current diet, and also my midnight snack. I go to the doctor again this week for another check-up....so check back mid-week for updates!

I finished one of my nursery projects today, so here's a sneak peek into the nursery.



This is the nursery before. This will be how we leave the furniture. There's also a glider in the room that you can't see from the picture. The crib is new and I love it! It's very simple and will be precious once the bedding is complete. The dresser that you see is a piece that I picked up from Encore Resales in Pelham. It's a robin's egg blue with a brown top and will be the changing table. The daybed will be staying, but it currently out to be painted. The lady that painted the dresser is also painting the daybed and the glider for me. We dropped them off we her today and I cannot wait to see the finished products!

I have lots of ideas for room accessories, but since I haven't really settled on any, I'll just have to tell you about my project from today. I saw a precious lamp on Pinterest that was decorated with ribbon. I was sold and decided that I had to give it a try. Of course, I didn't take a picture of the "before" lamp, but it's just a simple stick lamp with a solid white shade that I picked up on sale at Target.

Here's the finished product:



I was really happy with the finished product (even if I did burn off my fingerprints with the glue gun), and can't wait to see it in the nursery once we get the bedding finished.

My mom is coming up next weekend for a long Labor Day weekend/my birthday to help with the bumper pads and skirt for the crib. I'm in love with the fabric that I've picked out for the bedding and will hopefully have some pictures next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment