Saturday, my mom and I sewed while my dad was off doing his farm stuff. Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day and PawPaw's birthday at my Aunt Bobbie's house. It was fun to get together with the whole family and not be in a rush to get back to Birmingham. Monday, both my parents took the day off and I spent some time with both of them. My mom had to run into the bank for a quick meeting that morning, so I called my dad to see where he was (he'd been up for hours and was wandering the property somewhere). This is where my story picks up....
For those of you who don't know my dad....he's pretty amazing. Like all kids say as they grow up...I'm sure I never appreciated a lot of things he can do as I was growing up. Monday morning, I went with him to burn some "piles" in the field. He had built this torch connected to a propane tank to get the blaze going! It was insane. The torch was pretty much all I talked about all day. So I guess this is one of the MANY things that amazes me about my Dad. So anyway - this post is dedicated to my awesome dad. I guess this is in lieu of the Father's Day card I forgot to buy (I'm terrible with cards...I never remember to get them).
So, thanks Dad for all you've done for me over the years and for all that you continue to do! I had an amazing weekend with you both and thank you for taking time off on Monday to spend with me! And thanks for the fish on Monday night - it was awesome! (We gave Dad a fish fryer for Father's Day - he also makes amazing fish!)

Love you Dad!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment