Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Time to Sew!

So excited that I finally have the time and more importantly, the energy, to do some more sewing. Yesterday, while I was out at lunch looking for supplies for my latest project (I can't tell you about it because it would ruin the surprise...pictures to come, I promise), I ran across the cutest pattern. It had little pants for boys and girls (ruffles on the bottom for the girls, of course!) and also shorts and a little skirt with ruffles. Needless to say, it was too cute for me to pass up. I got home last night and decided to cut out the pattern so that it would be ready to go as soon as I had the appropriate fabric. I also decided to give the skirt a whirl because it didn't look too difficult (I mean it only required 4 pieces!). My sewing machine was giving me fits, but I still think the skirt turned out pretty cute! My ruffle technique could use a little work...but as someone one told me, "You can't see flaws on a moving child."
While I'm on the topic of fabrics....I must rant a little. Wal-Mart has apparently closed their fabric section, and I'm VERY UPSET! They always had cute fabric at a really good price. Oh well...awaiting the day that the new Joann's opens just 2 miles from my house!!! Oh Happy Day!!

1 comment: