Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Pecan Pies and Brownies and Cakes, Oh My!

It's Thanksgiving time....and I'm loving it!! This is our year to spend Thanksgiving in Auburn with Clay's family, and it's also Iron Bowl time in Auburn, which means lots of family time this week!!! Oh, and how could I forget, lots of FOOD!!!!

Amy (Clay's mom) decided to take on a double Thanksgiving this year....her family and Brad's family. I decided to take over the desserts from Amy due to the amount of people....plus, as most of you know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake. To say that I've gone over board is a definite understatement! This is my first Thanksgiving to really be involved with the cooking and I'm loving it. Every time I think that I've figured out exactly what I'm taking, I end up adding something else. For instance, I needed three pie crusts for my pecan pies. Well, pie crusts come in two-packs, so now I have an extra pie crust. What did I decide to do? Make a fudge pie, of course!

Anyway, I'm loving it all and I can't wait to get home tonight to bake cakes for my Red Velvet Cake and my Granny's famous Twinkie cake. I'm hoping to get some pictures of the pecan pies that I baked yesterday to post. So much fun!!! :)

I'm trying really hard to stop and remember the things that I am grateful for this week. I know that I don't do it often enough. So today I'm grateful for my wonderful husband. He is beyond patient with me and often times I don't think that I deserve him. Either way, I am thankful that God put him into my life to keep me in check!

No comments:

Post a Comment