Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Turkey Day....a little late

So I told you guys all about my cooking for Turkey Day, but I never finished up the story. Well, everything went GREAT! All of my desserts were a hit. I tried to sample all of them, and I must say, that they were all really good. My most prized dessert was the pecan pie. I was so proud that it actually tasted a lot (maybe not exactly) like my grandmothers...can't get any better than that. I was also really proud of my cornbread dressing. I was really nervous about how it would turn out since I've never made it before. It was great also.

We enjoyed two great meals. Lunch at Clay's Dad's parents house with all the Branches, then dinner at Clay's Mom's house with her people and Brad's people. It really was a great day. We all had so much to be thankful for....especially our families!

We followed up Thanksgiving with the Iron Bowl on Friday. WHAT A GAME! I was so proud to say I was an Auburn Tiger that day. Those boys played their hearts out and can truly say that they left it all on the field. What an amazing sight to see all the thousands of Auburn fans still in their seats after the game chanting, "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger." Clay and I have decided to go to the Outback Bowl on New Year's Day. Not only will it be fun to cheer on the Tigers one more time this season, but I'm really looking forward to spending a vacation with the hubs. I've traveled a good bit this year for work, but none of it has been with Clay. I'm pretty sure this will be our first "alone" vacation since our honeymoon, so I'm really looking forward to the trip. We are leaving on New Year's Eve and not coming back until Jan 4th. In addition to the Auburn game, we'll also be seeing the Tampa Bay Bucs play the Atlanta Falcons on that Sunday. So much fun!


At Tiger Walk before the Iron Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment