My cousin Lauren and her husband, Corey, had a baby boy last week. I had been planning a post to show you pictures of the couple of things I made for little Cole, but before I had time to post them, Lauren had seizure and they had to take the baby at just 26 weeks. She was showing symptoms of preclampsia and HELLP syndrome. They were able to give Cole about a week of steroids to develop his lungs quickly before they had to take him. He was born on March 1st and weighed in at 2lbs 3ozs and was 14 1/2 inches long. Luckily, Cole is doing great considering all the circumstances. He is off the ventilator and is no longer on the photo therapy lights. Lauren has been able to go home, but most likely, Cole will be in the hospital until what would have been 40 weeks. Lauren was able to hold Cole for the first time today and they are increasing his feedings, so things are gradually improving.

Two receiving blankets that I made for Cole.

Applique Onesie

Sweet little man. I think he's gonna be tall like his Granddaddy!
While things are looking up for this sweet little guy, please keep them in your prayers. I can't imagine how hard it is to have to go home and leave this little thing at the hospital. I can't wait to get home to get my hands on him!!! Needless to say, I'll be making a few new things for him before I get home to meet him!!
So cute! Definitely in my prayers. And as a sidenote, I have not gotten around to your tag in the previous post...been a long week!
ReplyDelete