Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 5, 2011

Nursery Chronicles - Part II

Oh, I am so excited about this post!! I really hope that Blogger cooperates with me and my pictures so that I don’t get frustrated. We had a great long-weekend here at the Branch house. My mom and sister-in-law, Lena, were here for a girls’ weekend full of sewing, massages, and decorating! They both got in Friday and we didn’t waste any time getting started.

Julie and Nick came over Saturday morning to watch the football game. Well, Nick watched the game with Clay and Julie worked with us girls! My mom hadn’t seen Nick and Julie since they announced their pregnancy, so she was thrilled to get to spend some time with them.

Our first project was to cover the cornice boards that my dad made. I have really been looking forward to purchasing the fabric that I had picked out (was waiting on the Labor Day sale!!) and getting these covered. I absolutely fell in love with the fabric when I saw it and I think they really make the room! Julie and her corner-tucking skills were so appreciated! Hopefully Brooks will appreciate the hard work of his Auntie-Julz!


Next was the crib skirt. Julie told me about a neat idea for a crib skirt on this website. The problem with most crib skirts is that the skirt is the perfect length for the bed when the mattress frame is at its highest point, but when you lower it the skirt is too long. After much figuring and measuring, here is our final result! We put a little pleat in the front to give it a little “something,” and I am so pleased with the final result. {Please forgive me if I keep saying how excited I am about everything in this post….I am just so excited with all the pieces and with the overall room!!!!}



Lastly we cut out a bunch of pillows for the daybed. Lena sewed the long green pillow in the front and did a great job. She’s never really sewed before, so we were happy to teach her some sewing skills and also display her handiwork in Brooks’ nursery! I’m trying really hard not to put a monogram everything in the nursery. But, I did want to add a monogram to at least one of the pillows. This was what I came up with……



Sunday we picked up the daybed and glider that I was having painted. I swear I almost had a fit in the lady’s driveway when I saw the pieces. They turned out exactly as I was hoping. We immediately put them together when we got home. I was planning to recover the cushions for the glider, but when I got it home, I really liked the original cushions. Check out The French Flea for fabulous finds and painting ideas. Karen, the brains behind The French Flea, painted the pieces and also did the light blue dresser that I’m using for the changing table.


Here are a few last pictures of the room so far. We still have a few more pieces to finish up, but so far I am thrilled with the progress of the nursery. A big thanks to mom, Lena, and Julie for their help this weekend! Definitely wouldn’t be this far along without them!!




Happy short-week everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so cute! Your mom and I have been talking about sewing recently! I'm so motivated to try to make something this weekend!

    ReplyDelete