Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So many crafts.....so little time!

So I mentioned the other day that I finally managed to pull myself back on the crafty bandwagon over the weekend. Not sure why I had taken such a break from my crafts. I guess with Christmas and being out of town, I just haven't had the time, plus, when I was home, all I've wanted to do is be lazy!!! I've completed a few projects in the past few days that I am so excited about!

First, I made these polka dot "sister" pants. The daughter of a lady I work with asked me to make them for her girls. I think they turned out really well.



I don't have pictures of project #2, but I started knitting again. Over the weekend, my mom helped me with a few knitting basics I had forgotten, so I made a couple of knitted dishrags. I'm calling them my Valentine's dishrags because they are pink, white and brown....very Valentine's festive if you ask me! :)

So, project #3 has been something I've wanted to do for a while. My grandmother tried to teach me to crochet once, and I did get the basics, but I couldn't get past step 1. Probably a year ago I bought 2 (yes, 2, and they ended up being exactly the same!) "Teach yourself to crochet" books and still just couldn't quite catch on. Well for some reason, last night I picked up one of the books, started crocheting and ended up with this! I know it's not anywhere near perfect, but I'm just so excited that I've finally gotten it all figured out! At least the basic steps anyway, don't expect to see any sweaters! After I get the basics mastered, I'm going to attempt a baby afghan for a girl that works with Clay who is due in the next month or so.





Yay for starting and FINISHING projects! Hopefully I'll have more stuff to show soon....if only there were more days in the weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! You're going to have to teach me some of your craftiness since I'm about to have A LOT of time on my hands!

    ReplyDelete