Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tampa Trip - Part 1

So I've decided to break down our Tampa trip into two posts. First the Outback Bowl, then everything else! So make sure to read the next post so that you don't miss anything from our trip!!!

We started out our trip with a very low key New Year's Eve. We took a taxi down the the Marriott where they were having Tiger Talk on Thursday night. We had dinner at the sports bar in the Marriott and then wandered around Channelside, an outdoor restaurant/bar area on the water. We didn't stay down there too long because there wasn't too much going on. Clay had to wake me up to say "Happy New Year." Bless his heart....he has the most boring wife!

While I'm talking about New Year's Eve I should tell you about how we got "taken" during our cabs rides that night. I understand that it was New Year's Eve and the taxi industry was looking to make a buck, but we spent $70 on two cab rides that night. SO RIDICULOUS! We were beyond frustrated by this...but what were we going to do, walk?

New Year's Day was the big game...The Outback Bowl. We were both wet for most of the game, but we did enjoy ourselves, especially since Auburn won! We took a shuttle bus from the hotel to the stadium that morning and I swear, the minute we stepped out the bus, the bottom let out. We were completely soaked by the time we got up to the stadium, then we had to continue to stand in the rain because they hadn't opened the gates yet and there wasn't an overhang in sight. Clay and I both took rainsuits to the game, but it's hard to get a pair of rainpaints on when you are already soaked. Once we finally got into the stadium, we both had to take off the jeans we were wearing and wear the rainpaints. Thanks to my Nike rainpants for keeping my bottom dry!!!!

After the game, Mary Kay and Laura gave us a ride back the hotel and we hung out for most of the afternoon. It was so nice to be able to take a nap and just relax without having to worry about what I "needed" to be doing. After my nap we grabbed some dinner in the hotel bar and watched the Sugar Bowl.

That wraps up part 1 of our travels to Tampa....part 2 to come!!! :)


War Eagle from not so sunny Florida!


Cotton candy....my favorite!!





After three attempts....we won!!!

1 comment: