Today's my last day in Iowa....thank goodness. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice place, but I'm definitely ready to get home to the hubby, the cat, and my own bed. Today, I was so tired, I literally fell asleep on the job. My job on Mondays after the tournament is to be there for the armored car service to pick up all the money. Generally, after the money is picked up, I jump on a plane and go home. Well this trip is a little different for a reason I'll tell you about later. Anyway, I wasn't told what time the money was to be picked up, so I left the hotel about 8:15 to head to the golf course. It was pouring down cold Iowa rain when I was leaving. The golf course is just across the street from my hotel, so of course is was still pouring when I got there. I get upstairs and begin the wait for the cash pickup. A few minutes after arriving, my phone rang and my poor co-workers who were flying back this morning had their flight cancelled and needed a place to hang out while waiting on their 5:00 flight. So they came back to the course and hung out with me until we could get back to the hotel for a nap.
Of course...it was just my luck that the money pick up didn't happen until after 1:00! I could have slept late, or actually eaten breakfast....instead, I was tired and hungry and I fell asleep with my feet propped up on the desk! Jim, my cash pickup man, knocked on the door and I literally came flying out of my chair. It was definitely comical....especially since the other girls were passed out on the couches just outside my office.
Back to the reason I'm here till tomorrow. This tournament gets vouchers from a sponsor to use for staff flights. Of course, the vouchers are only available for certain flights. The only flight I could get out on with the voucher today was the 6:45am flight. Obviously, I couldn't take that flight because I had to get the money handled. So the next "eligible" flight is tomorrow at 11am. I'm a little miffed about this because I don't understand why my voucher wouldn't get me out at 5pm tonight when the very same voucher would get another co-worker of mine out tonight!!! Anyhoo....at least I don't have to go to work tomorrow! :)
On a happy note, this weekend was a lot of fun. The weather was fabulous and the tournament was so much fun. Sunday's final round consisted of a 2-hole playoff between Nick Price, Fred Funk and Mark McNulty, followed up by a 2-hole playoff between Fred and Mark. Since I'm a pretty big golf fan, it was huge for me to be standing on the 18th green watching these guys battle it out. I mean....it was Nick Price....and Fred Funk! I didn't really know who Mark McNulty was...but he seems to be a super nice guy. Oh, and McNulty ended up winning.
And one more fun thing about the weekend....on Sunday of the tournaments we do, the staff gets together a has a little "pool" on who's going to win the tournament. We draw names from a hat, and the person who draws the winning player, 2nd place player, and last place name win some money. I drew my name and was pretty excited with my selection because he was only 3 or 4 shots back going into the final round. Anyway, as the day progressed he started to let me down and I knew that my chances of winning were done. I can't tell you how excited I was when I received and email last night that read "You win.....Congratulations on having the worst player in the field. Come collect your $20." So anyway....my apologies to my player because he played terrible on Sunday...but I sure do appreciate him winning me $20!!! :)
B'ham, Clay, and Polly.....see you tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hope your return trip was good. Looking forward to seeing you and Clay soon!
ReplyDelete