Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 26, 2010

Southern Savers

So I've been wanting to blog about my experience with Southern Savers for a while, but I've never taken the time to do it. Well, my friends, today is the day....because I had a GREAT saving day at Publix.

My friend Julie taught me about Southern Savers late last year. I've always been a frugal one (ask my MawMaw...she's got great stories), so this seemed to be right up my alley! I've been doing pretty good on my savings. I generally average a savings of about 50% of what I spend. While this isn't as great as what some people save, for me, I'm happy because I generally still have a good number of things I need to buy that aren't on sale that week. Anyway, today I hit the jackpot. As you can see below, I spent $23.27 and SAVED $46.19!!!! I was so excited. This was a good trip because I ONLY bought what was on sale and I had coupons for all the items except one. I wish I had thought to take a picture of all the groceries before I put them up....oh well, maybe next time I save this much!



Hope everyone has a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Impressive! I'm going to need to know what this Southern Savers thing is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less grocery expenses = MORE GOLF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found out about southern savers a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to utilize it to save more money! Hooray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, Em.....MaMa will be so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a great time catching up with you guys on here......I pulled an "all nighter" tonight......guess I won't be of much use in my substitute teacher job tomorrow.

    I LOVE the baby blanket you made and I can't wait to get a ride in the new car!!!

    Love you,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete