Clay and I had a nice weekend in Atmore. We got there pretty late on Friday, so after visiting with my parents for a little while, I quickly crashed. Saturday, we hung out at home with my parents and enjoyed the beautiful weather outside. Clay washed my car and helped my dad out with a few things around the house. Mom and I took a joy-ride in my Dad's new (to him) Jeep. I'm so jealous. It's an older Jeep, but I know they are going to enjoy having it to ride around the farm.
Saturday night was the party for Robert and Lena. We had a blast. The party was given by six or seven couples that are close friends of my parents. There was a really nice crowd, and I enjoyed getting to catch up with folks that I don't get to see that often. I have pictures to post, but I haven't had a chance to unload them yet.
Sunday we celebrated my MaMa's 80th birthday! We all got together for lunch at their house yesterday to celebrate the special occasion. We aren't all together very often...so it was nice to have everyone together. My youngest cousin (on the Hardy side), Jessi, was even brave enough to bring her "friend" Joseph down for lunch. I give her a lot of credit for that....I was terrified the first time I brought Clay to a "complete" family gathering. No one gave Joseph too hard of time...thank goodness, Robert was fairly subdued on Sunday!!!
Pretty fun weekend overall...I don't get to Atmore as often as I'd like to, so I really relish the times that I am there!
On an side, sad, note, I mentioned the other day about my dad's cousin, Michael, who was in the hospital. He passed away this weekend, so please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers. He was only 53 years old...so this was very sudden. Michael's son, Kevin, and his wife just found out that they are expecting a child, and were able to tell Michael at the hospital before he passed. I just can't imagine what they are going through....
A story like that makes you remember how precious every day is...Hope you all have a great week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Emily, I'm so sad about your family's loss. I'll definitely keep them in my prayers.
ReplyDelete