My friend Jessica turned 30 this past week. Jaime and I had a little birthday party for her on Thursday night. Our other two cohorts, Leah and Rachel, weren't able to make it because Leah lives in Red Bay, and poor Rachel is in the middle of tax season. While we missed them, we also had a great time celebrating Jessica's birthday! Jaime made a delicious dinner of baked ziti, and garlic bread and I made a chocolate cake. I'll admit that I attempted to make a homemade buttercream icing that DID NOT turn out like I (or Martha Stewart) intended. A special thanks to Duncan Hines for making a buttercream that is FABULOUS. I'll no longer be attempting to make that icing...I'll stick with Duncan from now on....

The birthday girl with her cake...that looks like it is ablaze!

The cake before....

The cake, after this....

We just couldn't wait for a knife!

Jaime decided she wanted a chunk too!!
Story behind biting into the cake: While Jaime was finishing up dinner, I was stealing icing off the side of the cake. I looked at Jess and said, "I'm so hungry that I could stick my face in this cake right now." She said, "Let's do it!" We decided to wait until after dinner...but it was just too funny! Good times with great friends!!!
Agreed! Good times with GREAT friends!
ReplyDeleteI have a very good and very easy buttercream recipe. Email me if you want it. You can also add a little Coa Coa and turn it into a chocolate buttercream Seriously, it is SO easy!
ReplyDelete